The Pickering crests, located on the east and west faces of the central tower at the Central Library and City Hall, are being replaced with new, LED-backlit, pin-mounted, stainless steel crests, set on new masonry to match the rest of the building.
History of the Crest
The crest was designed to represent the municipality. The following list explains each aspect of the crest:
- the atom represents atomic energy
- the gear represents industry
- the sheaf of wheat represents agriculture
- the wavy lines at the bottom represent our location on Lake Ontario
- the leaves represent our greenspace