The Pickering Public Library will be the heart of an engaged and creative community. We will enrich and inspire the lives of all residents; actively connecting people, ideas and cultures with openness and respect. We will be leaders in information technology, providing access to innovative technology for all. Pickering Public Library will be a destination - a fun place to visit, staffed by a diverse group of individuals who are committed to making a difference in the community.
1. Service Excellence:
We provide trusted professional service that exceeds clients’ expectations.
2. Equity: We provide accessible service to all members of the community with respect and fairness.
3. Fun: We provide service with a positive spirit and sense of fun.
4. Flexibility: We quickly respond to the needs of the community.
5. Accountability: We are open and transparent and take responsibility for our actions and the services that we provide.
6. Inclusion: We welcome community feedback, partnerships, and participation in decision making and service development.
7. Innovation: We encourage creativity, experimentation and the generation of new ideas.
8. Collaboration: We facilitate collaboration which leads to increased community capacity and effective problem solving.
9. Sustainability: We value the City of Pickering’s vision of economic, environmental and social sustainability and strive to ensure that our operations and actions are beneficial to both current and future residents of our community.